Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Scared, Nervous, Confused

  1. #1
    Inactive Member sculpey's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    8,165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Well tomorrow is 9/11. I won't get into the who's right, who's wrong thing here. I live just outside of Washington, D.C. and tonight on our local news they showed the anti-aircraft missle batteries that have been brought in today. And the troops equipped with Stinger missles. I wish tomorrow was just another day, but I know it won't be.

    I know that I'll see fighter jets over my house, and they will somehow not reassure me. Though I'm loathe to admit it, the events of last year have changed my life forever. The fact that someone out there that doesn't know me wants to kill me because I'm an American has altered my life.

    Some of you from other countries live with the fear of terrorism everyday also. And I feel for you too.

    I'll still get up and go to work, maybe shop for a toy or two but I'll constantly be reminded that my world has changed forever.

    Bash my country or government if it makes you feel better, but allow me my fears and insecurities on this day. I'm just an average guy going about his business.

    To those of you that lost loved ones on this day last year, words cannot convey my feelings. To those of us that carry on, Godspeed.

    And may all the governments of the world come to their senses and let my daughter grow up without the fears I have tonight

  2. #2
    Inactive Member demon chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2001
    Posts
    12,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

    perfectly stated....


    [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

    i have huge apprehension for tomorrow...

    how to address it... how to show the proper respect... all of it


    its way more than wearing red white and blue to school..... and saying the pledge... but its a start...i guess.....


    To everyone who pauses to read this thread..... may you find comfort in the good of the world.... around us... For as much horrible stuff there is in the world today... goodness abounds too.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member demon chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2001
    Posts
    12,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    im having a 9/11 dog baby for show n tell tomorrow


    see...some goodness

    dogs name.....LIBERTY

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner SummerStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2002
    Posts
    4,520
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    i'm sittin here tryin to come up with the right words...it wasn't jus an attack on america even though it was american soil...there were people from other countries on them planes as well...I sit here tonight...or well early in the am...and think of all the innocent lives that were lost and wonder what am i gonna tell my babies when they ask about it when they get older...I feel grief stricken for those who lost loved ones...it's gonna be a tough day for all those affected and my heart goes out to everyone

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner ~R-B~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    2,223
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow!! Sculpey I don't know you but I just wanted to tell you that your post really moved me. It brought tears to eyes. I can't even imagine the fears that parents must have about their young ones growing up.

    Although I'm not American, I'm Canadian, you guys are our next door neighbours. We feel for you tremendously and my heart aches for everyone who has suffered and is still suffering.

    May GOD bless America

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner Blazey's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    9,610
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    well said..I was sitting here tonite..thinking i need to go to bed..but in my heart i was wishing time would stand still and tommorrow would never come..not because of any fears..just a emotional response that I dont want to feel..last year was horrifying to watch..to hear all the stories told..to feel the pain of millions across the world..now it'll be revisited..and once again we will feel it..

  7. #7
    Inactive Member heidi!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    September 13th, 2000
    Posts
    2,433
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    our parents...their parents and the parents before them...Wished for a better world for our children...for their future...and here we sit...still wishing the same things our grand parents grand parents wished for....makes you wonder if any generation will ever get it right..
    For the sakes of my future children...Your children and the children to come...I hope we're the ones to get it right.. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •